Last finishes of 2018

Being on school break makes for productive knitting. I was able to finish up several baby items and another for Hats for Sailors.


All knit with Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Sparkly Aqua and Ivory on size 7 needles. The solid is the Twisted Baby Hat (the link is rather wonky), the stripe is one of my go-to patterns Simple Baby Cap 1 published in Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson, the mitts are also by Susan and are available as a free pdf from BlueSkyFibers. These items will be donated to an IBK charity.



This hat was actually finished early in November. I just never got around to taking a photo. Knit with Fibra Natura Italiano in Brick on size 8 needles. The pattern is Coaches Hat Worsted Version and is available on the designers website. The pattern links to the bulky version, but I’ve made the hat a couple of times using the directions as written with worsted weight and the hat comes out stretchy enough to fit an adult head.



This second hat was my final 2018 finish. The pattern is Beloved Aran and is available for free on Ravelry. I used the same yarn as the November hat and a size 7 needle for the ribbing and a size 8 for the body of the hat. I completely modified the decreases after several unsuccessful attempts trying to follow the pattern. See my Ravelry page for written details of my modifications.

Both of these hats will be donated to Hats for Sailors.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts