A simple cap no more

Having made over two dozen of Susan B. Anderson's Simple Baby Cap it shouldn't be a secret that I enjoy making them. As I've mentioned before, they are a simple and relaxing knit. What I'm coming to appreciate is this simple cap is the perfect start for adding a bit of creativity. I don't go wild, basic stripes, but I'm forcing myself to use what is in my stash. This is where the creativity comes in. Apparently I've used most of my traditional "girl" colors so I'm trying to make the darker colors in my stash more baby-like. So far, so good, These two would be great baby hats, regardless of the baby's gender.


I love to name my hats so these are USA & Irish (I'm so original, lol). The blue hat has two rows of stripes, one knit, one purl. The green hat has a little extra crocheted shamrock that I'll never be able to duplicate because I made it up as I went and then tacked it onto the cap. I'm not Irish but felt like making something "green" today. Both are made with Berroco Comfort and you can more details on my Ravelry project page.

Comments

Popular Posts