I love color work, my hands do not.

A new baby hat pattern came out that was so sweet I had to give it go. I figured there was only a few rows of color work I could handle it. Wrong. Thankfully no one judges the process. I had yarn everywhere, tangling up the yarn constantly because I can't hold more than one color at a time. I purposely knit the smallest size so the rows went quickly, yet I could only knit two rows at a time. It was a hot mess. lol


The pattern is Love & Hearts Hat by Susan B. Anderson and is available for purchase on Ravelry. This was one hat I loved purchasing because Susan's company Barrett Wool Co. ran a promotion to donate all proceeds from the sale of the pattern to the Boys & Girls Club of America. The hat was knit with HiKoo Simpliworsted in Natural, Edgy Eggplant and Blooming Rose. The little heart on the top is picked up and cleverly knit without any seaming. 

It turned out cute, regardless of my issues. Some new mom will certainly love it. I do!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts