Look - a different hat pattern!

Yes, I do knit baby hats other than the Simple Baby Cap 1. Not often, but every once in awhile it happens. Mainly because I'm knitting from stash and I happen to have several skeins of this particular blue. When knitting with so much of the same color, I do try to vary up the hat in some way. So I'll work in another color for stripes, add an embellishment (such as the little sailboat), or knit up a different pattern. Even though I've been using this book for other patterns for several years now this was my first bunny hat. As with all of Susan's patterns, it was easy to follow and easy to knit up.


Both are knit with Berroco Comfort in Chambray on size 6 needles. The bunny hat is appropriately named Bunny Tails and is found in Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty HatsThe appliqué is simply interfacing sandwiched between two layers of felt. I added the interfacing to give the little ship extra body. I have other ideas for more blue hats. Yes, I have that much of this yarn. lol

Comments

Popular Posts