Two charities - two scarfs

In our Ravelry group we have two different charity groups that collect scarves. One in spring and the other in the fall. I wrote about one last May when I made the Dandoh scarf (a free pattern on Ravelry). The fall project is The Red Scarf Project, an initiative to warm the hearts of college-bound foster youth. Last fall I made my first red scarf using the One Row Handspun Scarf, a free pattern on The Yarn Harlot's blog. 

 

I liked the ease of the pattern so much I used the same pattern for both scarves this year since it knits up so quickly. I will say, I find there is one drawback to the pattern. It becomes boring, because it is so simple, and lets face it, a scarf is not very wide. Both scarves are knit with Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn, Turquoise and Red, on a size 7 needle. I found that my small wood straights worked better for this project than my typical Addi Turbo circulars. 


If you have the time to put this project down for a bit, here and there to do other knitting, you'll enjoy the project more. I highly recommend the yarn and the pattern for any easy scarf knitting you may have planned.

Comments

Popular Posts