A little wool sheep

My Itty Bitty Knits group in Ravelry is such a lovely group. I enjoy the conversations with my friends. (Some of whom I have actually meet IRL, others I only know through the power of the Internet.) As I've mentioned before, one of the fun activities we participate in are the few mini-swaps throughout the year - one hand made item, a little treat and a card. We keep it simple to focus on the fun and hopefully avoid it being stressful.

As the coordinator I may or may not have pre-planned who my swap partner would be for this particular swap. Which meant I may or may not pre-planned a purchase while I was with my daughter in Japan. lol. A Starbucks "You Are Here" mug.

Since wool is my newest hobby I decided to make a mug rug (or coaster). As it happens I had everything on hand from scraps I received from my mom (you never throw away any felted wool, regardless of how tiny, lol).


As you can see, the binding is a bit wonky since I wasn't certain I would have enough of the fabric. I should have just made a purchase and cut a better piece. But, I was being frugal. Live and learn. I'll also be picking about my french knot eyes. I need to work on making those better as well. But all in all, I think I'm quite happy with it. Even with the weird corners. lol

Comments

Popular Posts