Its all about the number THREE

It's the THIRD month. I made THREE hats. I used THREE colors. I used THREE different patterns. It's all about the number THREE!


They look nice all together, but I'll break them down one at a time for you.


Hat #1 is the Fisher Cable Hat, a free pattern available on Ravelry. Knit in Cascade 220 Superwash on a size 5 needle. It was simple, quick and easy. The pattern allows for a longer crown if you'd like to fold-up the cabled brim.


Hat #2 is the Exeter, another free pattern on Ravelry. Also knit in Cascade 220 Superwash with a little Queensland Rustic Wool tossed in (for which I was very grateful). I struggled with the decreases, for some reason, which I think turned out to be I had c/o a few stitches short of the called for amount. This messed with decrease pattern (you think? lol)


After trying a few times, I just sort of did my best and hoped the yarn would hide the imperfections, which it did.


Hat #3 is yet another free pattern of Ravelry, DH's hat. Also made in Cascade 220 Superwash and the Queensland Rustic Wool. For whatever reason I grabbed a size 6 needle so this made the hat a bit on the larger size, but I'm okay with that. It's not overly large and not everyone wants a snug hat, nor does everyone have a tiny head like mine.

A successful month of hats, although I'm sure there will be more, it's still early.

Comments

Popular Posts