Four finishes - all something different

I've had several different finishes recently, all completely different. The most recent finish was a Twiddle Muff, which was introduced to me by an Itty Bitty Knitting friend. I made this one for my SIL's mother. She is legally blind and can not enjoy the typical diversions that most of us enjoy. The flower twirls, the button and beads slide, the hearts are on Velcro and the shoelace unties. The pattern is made up with details on my Ravelry project page. 


Another hat finish was a scrap busting hat for the Hats for Sailors group.  We have a monthly moderated KAL/CAL to help us towards our impressive yearly finishes. Although I've made this hat before this month I was introduced to an amazing technique to weave in all those ends while knitting. 


This method was life changing. Thank you Stephen West!


Another finish were my Barrett Wool Co. Little Hearts Mini. Sold as a kit on the Barrett Wool Co. website, Susan writes wonderful patterns. I had actually finished the hearts in January, but finally strung them together as a little gift for my mom.


One last finish of note was the Gilded Dragon Shawl with yarn I purchased several years ago. It was not a pleasant knit as there were a number of errors in the pattern, but the designer is no longer on Ravelry so I couldn't ask any questions, so that was a bummer. Love the yarn, not very happy with the final result. I have notes on my Ravelry project page.



My own fault really, it is too much of a shawl and not shaped the way I would like. . But it happens. Not certain yet what I'll do with it. For now it is still sitting in the project bag in time out. 

So there you have it. Four finishes. None like the other. 





Comments

Popular Posts