The Long and Short of It

A scarf that is. I was gifted some nice blue/gray ribbon yarn from a heart KAL in my Itty Bitty Knitting group and knew that combined with the blue Berroco Remix I had in my stash it would make a scarf I would probably wear a lot. Especially since I wear a lot of blue jeans. I wanted a simple asymmetrical pattern and found the Oblique Kerchief by the Caron Design Team. 


A scarf that is. I was gifted some nice blue/gray ribbon yarn from a heart KAL in my Itty Bitty Knitting group and knew that combined with the blue Berrocco Remix I had in my stash it would make a scarf I would probably wear a lot. Especially since I wear a lot of blue jeans. I wanted a simple asymmetrical pattern and found the Oblique Kerchief by the Caron Design Team.

I’ve been working on, seemingly forever, but realistically only since Mid March. I had lots of the solid yarn, so I continued with the stripes until the ribbon yarn ran out. Then I thought the scarf was still too short and continued on with the solid, didn’t I like the shape so I ripped back, changed it up, and knit on. But I still wasn’t happy so I ripped back again and knit on, but it still wasn't right. Ripped back again, figured out what I wanted and off I went. Forever it seemed. I was done a couple of days ago. But then I realized just how ridiculously long I had made the scarf. Oops. 


Ripped it back again, about half way back through the solid but that wasn't enough. It was still too long. So all the way back to the stripes it came. I added just a few rows of the solid and bound off.


I am so much happier with this finished result. It is exactly the scarf I was looking for. A no fuss, just toss it on when needed, and it will look good. But serious, nothing like wasting a few weeks of knitting. lol

Comments

Popular Posts