A trio of last minute hats

As the coordinator of our Hats for Sailors project counts up the hundreds of hats that arrive on her doorstep, there is inevitably a need for a few more. I imagine this was a difficult year to anticipate just how many hats would arrive, given everyone's unusual schedules and changes to their lives. But as usual, as a group we rally and more hats will soon be arriving to fill the gap. 

My contribution was to make these three quick hats. I started late Friday afternoon and finished Saturday evening.  Of course holding the yarn double, using a larger needle, and having a simple pattern helped speed the process.



One rib hat used two different colors while the other used an actual variegated yarn, but I love the effect of both. You can see I shortened the variegated hat a bit since I had less yarn. It fits me comfortably and still comes well down over my ears. If I were to wear the larger hat I would need to cuff the brim, but then I have a smaller head. A larger man, might not need to do this. Which is why I make hats in many sizes. Regardless, both are soft and stretchy and this pattern may now be my new favorite, lol. 

The links for both patterns, the Favorite Ribby and the Horizon Hat, plus yarn details are on my Ravelry project page.

Comments

Popular Posts