Warm a head, warm your heart



Over the past several weeks I've been spending my time on charity hat knitting. Besides the last minute hats I wrote about in my last post I've also made four for a Columbus, Ohio church's homeless project, two for a winter clothing drive in Ontario, Canada and most recently four for a teen shelter in Trenton, New Jersey.

For these Columbus charity hats I didn't use a pattern, but I they are pretty basic hats.



After some stash diving I found a similar yarn to what I used before but I didn't have enough for two adult sized hats. But I know the group will find a home for the baby hat, and it is super cute. 


Finally, these four hats were made using a worsted yarn and a sock yarn held together creating that flecked appearance. They are soft, stretchy and will keep a few heads warm.



These were all such easy quick knits and they only took a few hours each. As always I've left notes on my Ravelry project page regarding yarn used, stitches cast-on and other details. It helps me remember when I want to make a hat again.

The hats may be warming someone else's head, but by making them they are warming my heart because I know I was able to make a small difference in that person's day. If you have the skill and the time, make a hat and give it away. Give it a try. Warm a head, warm your heart.

Comments

Popular Posts