Sayōnara Ravellenics

For most people saying goodbye to watching the Olympics simply means switching back to regular television viewing. For me it also means I say goodbye to publishing daily updates for the Ravelry team I co-captained. It stretched my creativity a bit trying to keep the daily updates fresh and interesting, but I found off-play stories to share, medal highlights, and of course I was immensely helped by the knitting of Tom Daley. lol It was extra work to be certain, but it enjoyed it nonetheless.

I have three final contributions to the team effort. 


This is a purchased pattern, One Trick Pony, made with Red Heart Chic Sheep in Poolside and Stunning Strings Essential in Lake Effect held together. I c/o 80 stitches to make the hat larger and eliminated a few knit rows during the decreases to round the crown a bit.


Next up is a no-pattern hat using Stunning Strings Legacy yarn from my Color Collector's Mini Skein Subscription Box from January. I c/o 96 stitches and have all the details regarding the stripes and decreases on my Ravelry project page.


The last Ravellenics hat uses my June subscription box from June. I used my Mixed-Up May pattern, testing out a slightly larger size that I'll be incorporating in a pattern update that will be coming out soon.

I love all three hats. The colors, the softness, the fact they are done. lol I need to take a quick break from hats for a bit as I have a non-hat project I need to finish. Look for more hats soon.

Comments

Popular Posts