The 2021 Ravellenics Games

 When the Olympics happen, so too do the Ravellenics games. Is it silly, yes. But this year, for TeamHFSCarrier, we are using it as a purposeful way to gear up for more hat making. After all we 6,000 hats to make before November remember? That said, I've stepped up and my needles were flying this month with a total of twelve hats in July. Five of them have been completed since the start of the Olympic games. Bulky yarn helps. lol

I wrote about the first hat in my last post so I'll start with Hat #2. Mudmilk by Stephen West made with Cloudborn in Ceruleun (gray) for the brim with Cloudborn Marine Heather and Cascade 128 Feather Gray for the stripes. 


Hat #3 is the Steinway Hat is a free pattern on Ravelry, made with Cloudborn Marine Heather. It was a mindless, easy to remember broken rib pattern that I could have made a bit shorter.


Hat #4 is a purchased pattern, Brimmish. There are several different brim options, although I chose the simplest 1x1 option because of the brown colors. The yarn is  Cascade 220 in 211 Cocoa and 853 Butterscotch. It also comes in multiple size options, I cast on 84. I did eliminate a few of the knit rows between a few of the decrease rounds to help round off crown a bit. I also could have knit a few less rounds to shorten up the body for a more beanie-like shape.


The final hat is Sugar Mama, available for free on Ravelry, and made holding together Cascade 220 in 870 Straw and Cloudborn in Marine Heather. I love how quickly the hat knits up although it is difficult holding the size 13 needles. I think perhaps I need different needles. I currently use Addi Turbos and perhaps wood circulars would be better. Any recommendations?

There is a week left of the games, so more hat knitting to come.


Comments

Popular Posts