October hat #2 - Banded Stockinette Cap


Not that this was my original idea, but since pink is almost everywhere in October it was a "duhh" moment when I realized that my hats should also be pink. I needed to whip up a couple of really quick pink hats. Of course I did a Shells and Trellis in some Comfort stash, but then I also purchased this really soft magenta yarn that was calling to me at my LYS.

Originally this was supposed to be a Button Tab hat, but then when I got to the point of binding off for the tab I realized I knit the band in the round and not flat. Oops! I also forgot to knit a round between the decreases, which gives the hat it's squished look. Therefore, this became a basic hat with my own "design elements" (isn't that what we call our mistakes?) For previous Button Tab hats, I've always done a ribbed band, and thought I'd try a seed stitch for this one, which gives the cap a much chunkier band. Then because I wasn't binding off the extra stitches I had cast on for the tab I needed to add an extra row of decreases. I used a 1.5 skeins of Linie 252 Paloma Soft yarn in Magenta. The hat is knit on a 16" size 7 circular needle and 1 set of size 7 dp. Stitches used are knit, purl, and K2tog.

Comments

Popular Posts