November hat #1 - Scrap Happy Celebration Hat

What a fun hat, and why didn't I think of it? It was easy, relatively quick (as quick as stockinette in the round can go) and it was fun to pick out the colors. Not that you can really tell in this photo, but there are five different colors. The fifth color is this little circle at the top. Oops...that's what I get for thinking I needed to make a change to the pattern. The pattern is designed for a child's hat with directions on how to increase the size for adults. Silly me, I thought I'd also need to increase the number of rows of each color from measuring 1.5" to about 1.75". If I'd follow the pattern the last color would have been proportional to the other four. Oh well...

The pattern is available on cosymakes.com. I used my favorite yarn, Berrocco Comfort in Filbert, Pimpernel, Barley, Goldenrod, and that little circle of Pumpkin. The hat is knit on a 16" size 8 circular needle and 1 set of size 8 dp. Stitches used are knit, purl, and K2tog. I love the colors and this pattern offers soooo many possibilities.

Comments

Popular Posts