November hat #2 - One Day Beret


Not actually finished in one day so the name is a bit misleading, but it was a rather easy and quick hat to make. Once I made it past the first couple of rows that is. It was my first top down knitted hat and I had quite the time maneuvering the needles at the beginning. The pattern calls for placing markers straight away, but I found that it was much easier placing them during the second row.

The pattern is available for free from Through the Loops. I used a partial skein of Berroco Comfort Berry Mix multicolor yarn. The hat is knit on a 16" size 8 circular needle and 1 set of size 8 dp. Stitches used are knit, purl, Kf&b, and K2tog. I love the look of the coloring and the slouchiness of the hat. I'm sure I'll pick up some more of the multicolored Comfort and make a few more of these in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts