February #2 - Chocolate Sundae










Yes, I know it is not February and that I'm a bit slow getting this hat posted, but the darn sun was never out on a weekend for me to take a picture.  I ended up taking my hat (with head) and camera to school to take a picture during the week.  It was quite funny when a colleague walked around the corner and here I was holding up Mrs. White (yes I've named my head).
The pattern is available in the Chemo Caps & Wraps book by Annie's Attic.  I originally planned on making the entire cap out of a skein of Bernat Cottontots that I had in my stash.  After making the band I realized there was no way I had enough for a whole cap so I went back to my stash and pulled out a skein of Berroco Comfort in Bitter Sweet.  Since I am typically a tight crocheter I went up in hook size to use a size I hook. Stitches used are chain, dc, fpdc, bpdc, fpdc dec, bpdc dec and slip stitch. Since I moved up in hook size I felt as if the cap was coming out way too big so I skipped rounds 13 & 14.  Also on rounds 18 & 19 the pattern should note that the fpdc repeats. I’m a slow crocheter and working the double crochets in the back post took more time than I’d like so I’ll probably not make this hat any time in the near future. It’s cute though.

Comments

Popular Posts