Saturday, March 12, 2011
Given that it's March and all, I felt compelled to create a 'green' hat. I had finished a little leprechaun hat for Fuzzy Bear which didn't quite fit and started to make another larger one. However, I wasn't really thrilled with the way it was coming out and I started to think that I was using up a lot of good yarn for something a bear would wear for only a couple of weeks and then what? So, I started frogging away. Searched Ravelry for a pattern that used Comfort (as if I didn't already have a bunch to choose from), and found this one. I started it up on Friday while watching the horrific scenes coming from Japan and finished it up today.
The pattern is available for free from Gilda's Club Twin Cities. I used a partial skein of Berroco Comfort Gooseberry Heather yarn. I went up in needle size knitting the hat on 16" size 6 and 8 circular needles and 1 set of size 8 dp. Stitches used are knit, purl, P2tog, and K2tog. I did use stitch markers to keep track of the pattern repeats (to help keep me focused). When I started I didn't plan on making the bow flap, but once the hat was completed I felt the band needed a bit of embellishment.
Posted by Pat Salvatini at 3:50 PM