June #2 - Campy Crown
















So time is running out on finishing hats for the Camp Happy Times challenge and I felt like I needed to do at least another one, or two or three. Trying to be a good girl I used wanted to use some yarn I found in my stash that I’d forgotten about. Not my favorite yarn to work with (just because its a bit stiff), but I'll go out on a limb here and guess that the campers will be more excited about the type of hat it is as opposed to the type of yarn the hat is made of. Call me crazy, I know. Several other needle friends I have had already made several of this pattern so I know it worked up quickly, I figured it was the perfect hat to try.

The pattern is available for purchase as a Ravelry download. I used Red Heart Super Saver in Delft Blue and White. I used an I hook (the size actually called for in the pattern, gasp!). Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet, slip stitch, and a picot. The picot is is simply a single crochet, 3 chains and a slip stitch into the single crochet. Yep, another new stitch for me. The hat crocheted up very quickly, although I'm not a big fan of working in the round because you have to keep moving the stitch marker. I’m also pretty sure I did something wrong on the crown because the points want to lean to the left and I had to adjust my stitches to make the pattern come out. But its finished and it looks OK. Not as cute as others I’ve seen, but acceptable. I'm hoping to have enough time to work up another before the deadline. I'll let you know if I improve.

Comments

Popular Posts