June #1 - Jolly Jester
















Continuing on with the medieval theme for Camp Happy Times for my first June hat I wanted to make one that didn't have so many little bits to sew on and I was also ready for a bit of knitting again. The hat took me longer than I wished for, reminiscent of my December Santa Hat. But instead of one long point there were three smaller points to knit. Although if I were to do the hat again, I'd want the points longer. I just don't think the hat has a jovial enough feel to that comes from a really floppy hat.

The pattern is available for free from Coats & Clark. I used Berroco Comfort in Goldenrod on a 16" size 8 circular needle and 1 set of size 8 dpn. Stitches used are knit, purl, and K2tog. Stitch markers are needed as are three jingle bells. I choose bells that were 2.22 cm in silver so that they would help weigh the points down. When I went to buy the bells I found them available in purple, blue, red and green. If I had know I would have used a different color yarn and created a funkier looking hat. Oh, well...who knew?

Comments

Popular Posts