May #2 - Puffy
















With the gloomy month of May finally past and sunny June upon us I finally had the opportunity to take pictures of my final May hat. A cute little novelty hat created for Camp Happy Times as part of a Halos of Hope challenge. Camp Happy Times is operated by The Valerie Fund and is a free one-week camp experience for children who have either have or have had cancer. Each year the camp selects a theme. This year's theme - Medieval, think of the creative hat possibilities...

The pattern is available for free from Coats & Clark. I used a Lily Sugar'n Cream in Mod Blue for the main cap with Hot green for the scales and Yellow for the spots. As always I went up in hook size, and choose to use an I hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, double crochet, slip stitch, and sc2tog. The sc2tog is used on the scales to create the decreases. Yet another new stitch for me. The hat crocheted up very quickly, but took some time sewing all the bits together. As I was sewing the first set of scales onto the hat my husband asked me why I made a blue and green chicken hat. I guess it just wasn't a dragon without its tail.

Comments

Popular Posts