December hat #1 - Santa Hat

I really wanted to make a hat with seasonal flair this month and decided to make a Santa Hat. You know when you have a picture in your head, but you just can't find the right pattern? Well it took some browsing through Ravelry before I finally found a pattern I could adapt. The original was done in camouflage colors with no fur and a very solid looking pom-pom. Needless to say, mine does not look like the original. I like mine better, which is always a matter of opinion. In fact, I liked the hat so much, I decided to keep it. Which meant that I had to duplicate it in order to have a hat to donate. I've never done this before.

The pattern is available for free from MAGINtht. I used a partial skein of Berroco Comfort Chalk mixed with white Lion Brand Fun Fur for the ribbing and almost an entire skein of Wild Cherry for the main color. The hat is knit on a 16" size 7 circular needle and 1 set of size 7 dp. Stitches used are knit, purl and K2tog. Very, very quick and easy to make.

Comments

Popular Posts