Reflecting on 2010

All in all, not a bad year.  Yes there have been some challenges (some still ongoing), but when I think about the bigger picture and what could be, I know that I've got a pretty darn nice life.  Over the Christmas holidays I was fortunate enough to spend time with both my husband's family and my own.  Both visits allow for sitting around, chatting, and catching up.  It is also the perfect time to make a hat and over the past several months I've become very adept at making certain patterns while talking.


What was a bit surprising was that there were family members who were not aware of my challenge and my "need" to make hats.  Needless to say, there was a lot of explaining to do.  I shared Pam's (Halos of Hope founder) story and explained how this blog came about.  I then held brief  show-and-tells because they wanted to see what kind of hats I made.  It was nice that they were interested.


The best part for me - it made me think about all the hats I've made this year.  I decided that although I had started an spreadsheet to keep track of them, it needed to have more details.  I also decided that I wanted to name my hats.  Kind of corny, but fun.  Some of the hat names are obvious (Santa or Cranberry Lace), others I had to think about for a minute or two (Krasniy or Pourpre).  And even though I'm now officially half way through my challenge I have my next already planned.  Making hats for Halos of Hope can be addicting, but it's a good addiction...

Comments

Popular Posts