July hat #3 - Lace-Edged Women's Hat
















I hadn't planned on making three hats/cap this month, but I had this one started before I got carried away with the crocheted Cotton Sun Hat, so I thought I'd continue on and finish it. However, that said...again with the lace edging! Again with the knitting, tinking, knitting, tinking, knitting...you get the idea. I finally just gave in and used stitch markers. I should of learned my lesson with the Foaming Waves hat and just used the markers from the beginning, which would have saved me a ton of time.
















Nonetheless, I have a pretty and incredibly soft hat that someone will enjoy. Unfortunately, the picture does not do the color justice.

The pattern is available for free at headhuggers.org. I used 1 skein of a lovely cranberry Ella Rae bamboo silk. The hat is knit on a 16" size 6 circular needle and 1 set of size 6 dp. The pattern comes with three sizes and I choose to knit the medium. Stitches used are knit, yo, sk2p, and K2tog. Once I used the stitch markers the lace-edged went smoothly along and the remainder of the hat worked up quickly.



Comments

Popular Posts