July hat #1 - Foaming Waves



Hallelujah...I'm finally finished! Why am I so excited? Because it appears that counting to twelve is more challenging than it used to be. I don't know why, but this cap proved to be more of a headache than a relaxing needle experience. Whatever...it's done and I can move on.

The pattern is available for free at knitmichigan.com. I used 1.5 skeins of Ella Rae Bamboo Silk in coral. The cap is knit on a 16" size 5 circular needle and 1 set of size 5 dp. The pattern comes in two sizes - small and medium. I choose the medium. It is a bit long, but I have a small head. Stitches used are knit, yo, SSK, and K2tog. I think the pattern goes quickly if stitch markers are used to keep track of the wave repeats (or at least they helped my skittish brain).

Comments

Popular Posts