February 2012 #2 - Mulberry Smoothie
















As I'm sitting with my little heater blasting away it seems a bit odd to be writing about a cotton hat, but cotton hat it is. At the request of Halos of Hope Soothe for Spring Campaign I jumped ahead on the calendar to make my first 2012 Spring hat. It certainly wasn't easy to get in the mood for light and airy. I'll might have to return to some previous patterns if I want to crank out a few more before the April 30th deadline.

The pattern is available from Red Heart, although I made significant adaptions to the pattern because I did not understand the directions for the brim and band. I used Hobby Lobby I Love This Cotton! in Mulberry for the hat and Limedot for the flower. The hat is crocheted with a size J hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, double crochet, and slip stitch. After completing the first 13 rounds and increasing to the required 78 stitches I only continued working even for 5.5” not the 7.5” as called for in the pattern. I then followed the band directions completing them in-the-round.



Comments

Popular Posts