February 2012 hat #1 - Wild Raspberry Cables
















For some strange reason I wanted to do a quick cabled hat. I'm not exactly sure why since I'm in the middle of putting a cabled yoke on a sweater I'm making and its driving me crazy. Perhaps I just wanted to prove to myself that its not the cables that are driving me crazy, its keeping up with the pattern reading. Which this little hat did well proving. The designer does provide a chart to read, but in my meager opinion it is not well done. However, the written cable directions are more than sufficient to get the job done, and actually much easier to keep track of. Well, at least that's what I think any ways.

The pattern, Gingerbread Hat, is available as a free Ravelry download. I used the ever popular Berroco Comfort in Wild Raspberry Heather (and hence the pilfered name). I used 16" size 8 circular needles and a set of 8 dpns. Stitches used knit, purl, K2tog, SSK, P2tog, C6F (the six stitch cable, cable needle to the front, all stitches knit), and S2KP (slip two stitches as is to k2tog onto right needle, knit next stitch, pass the first two stitches over the knitted stitch). This last stitch was a new decrease for me and as always I found a great video to help me figure it out. This hat knit up in only a couple of nights and I plan on making many more.

Comments

Popular Posts