March 2012 #1 - Sherbet Sunburst
















A few nights ago I started thinking about my stash of magazines, all of which I've purchased because I liked a particular pattern or two. I've yet to develop an efficient method of keeping them handy for when I'm searching for a new project. More often than not, I simply complete a simple search within Ravelry and find a pattern to fit my whim of the moment. Such as this hat, which is another for the Halos of Hope Soothe for Spring Campaign, although this one is a bit more Summery as opposed to Springy (but I don't think they'll mind). I wanted to use cotton, I wanted to crochet, I wanted it to airy and I wanted a little bit of brim. With a few simple clicks I found something I could work with. Now if I could just figure out how to catalog my magazines as efficiently...

The pattern is available on Bizzy Crochet. I used Lily Sugar'n Cream in Over the Rainbow with a size J hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet and slip stitch. The pattern calls for a reverse crochet to finish the brim, but I couldn't figure it out, so I simply slip stitched the edge all the way around to give it a nice finished look.

Comments

Popular Posts