Monday, March 26, 2012

March 2012 #2 - Lucky Ladybug

Since the past couple of hats have strayed from my original intent of only making children's caps this year I felt I needed to get back at it and finish up one of the hats I've had sitting around. Somewhat sad that the hat was finished months ago, but I wanted to add an embellishment. The sad part is that it took me nearly three months to make one. However, I do think the ladybug is rather cute, and very appropriate for the beginning of Spring.

Technically I'm cheating posting this pattern since it is the same pattern I used for my August 2011 hat, Black Beauty, which is McKinley's Springtime Hat, available for free as a Ravelry download. I'm justifying the posting because the ladybug would be something new. A weak excuse, but the hat came out so stinking cute I wanted to share it anyway. Besides, they're my stupid rules (of which no one can understand why I have them anyway), so if I want to break them once in a while I think I can.

I used Berroco Comfort in Gooseberry Heather (green) with Primary Red and Liquorice (black) for the ladybug. The hat is crocheted with a size H hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet and slip stitch. I still think the hat worked up on the small size, but I didn't want to increase my hook size with this particular yarn. The ladybug is something I made up, a simple circle with smaller circles for the spots. Since I did make it up as I went, I have no idea how I really made the head and antenna (which is a shame because I'd like to make more).

No comments:

Post a Comment