May 2012 #3 - Lemonade
















Actually, this hat was finished before the Cupcake hat, but I guess no one's keeping track if I post them in the right order. I've been wanting to make another of Susan B. Anderson's wonderful hats, and thought her Watermelon Hat was a perfect introduction to the Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately I didn't have the right colors on hand, so I substituted something equally as summery and came up with this.

The pattern is Watermelon Hat. I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream in Yellow, White and Daisy on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of size 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, and k2tog. It doesn't get much easier than that. The hat as called for in the pattern also has some optional seeds to give the hat it's watermelon look. I plan on purchasing more watermelon like colors in the future since I still want to make my own slice of watermelon goodness.

Comments

Popular Posts