August 2012 #1 - Stratford

















This wonderful little number was actually completed back on the first! Yes, the first day of the month, while I was busy watching the wonderful Olympics (hence the name). I was quite good about getting my picture posted up to Ravelry, but then got busy on another hat, going back to work (a.k.a. school), and attending Stitches Midwest. I was all set to get my post written when I sat down to my computer and saw nothing but a black screen. As I started to figure out the problem, it actually became worse, which is when I realized I had gotten a virus. I wasn't able to restore it or find my data. Panic ensued. Thankfully the repair was quick and I was back up and running (which is more than I can say for myself these days).

The pattern is available as a Ravelry download. I used Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Naturale in color 6399 on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, ssk, ktbl, ptbl, and sk2po. The ktbl and ptbl create the unique ribbed brim. Which was a new way of ribbing for me and the sk2po creates the lace (another new stitch). This was a very easy pattern to follow once I got the hang of the stitches. I made the child's hat and found it to be more than generous of a size for myself (even with my smallish head).

Comments

Popular Posts