July 2012 #3 - Oceania
















This hat was actually started and finished earlier in the month, but because it required me to think about what I did, I've been putting it off. I know, lazy me. Well, now that the month has ended I needed to get my act in gear and as they say, "get it done". I purchased the yarn at a Cascade Yarn Tasting event at my LYS, hadn't brought my knitting bag with me so instead purchased a skein of Pacific Chunky with which to make up a hat. I've used it before, loved it, and thought, why not?

I used Cascade Pacific Chunky in Bluebird on a size 10 16" circular needle and a set of 10 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl and k2tog. It appears that there is a yarn over, however the affect is created by bringing the working yarn to the front of the piece before stitching the k2tog, thus creating the extra loop on the needle (Same basic principle, just worked differently, who knew? Obviously not me.)   The pattern, such as it is, is available on my pattern page as a pdf.  Let me know if you find any errors.  I'm not a hat designer, as I mentioned, I was knitting it up as I went along.



Comments

Popular Posts