August 2012 #2 - Greenwich
















In my last post I mentioned a nasty little virus my computer picked up which necessitated a visit to the repair shop. I thought all was well when I picked it up and everything appeared to be working. Unfortunately, it was now working at a snail's pace, which was frustrating me beyond believe. So...off back to the shop it went again. In the meantime, I children returned to school, leaving me tired and lacking any fiber mojo at all. At this point, the computer is home (although I'm not quite sure all is well), I'm beginning to adjust to the back-to-school schedule, and I've hoping to find my mojo again soon. Thankfully I had completed this wonderful hat prior to my woes (I just needed a working computer to upload everything).

The pattern is Avalon Cabled Hat and available for purchase either through Ravelry or KnitPicks. I used Berroco Comfort in Marum on a size 6 16" circular needle and a set of 6 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, k2tog, C6F, and C6B. The cabled brim is knit first with a provisional cast on and then joined with a kitchener stitch. Although I have done a kitchener stitch before to close up socks, I have never done it to create a seamless join with live stitches before. The body of the hat is slouchy compared to the pattern photo, but I'm okay with that. Over all, I like the cabling (really, it was easy), I'd make this one again.




Comments

Popular Posts