December 2012 #1 - Neopolitan
















One of the wonderful aspects of Ravelry (okay, it might really be a curse) are the many great hats that I find that other people make that I find inspiration in. My queue is overflowing and I most likely will never make them all. Especially since I tend to find two for every one that I actually make.

That was the case when I saw this great hat by Kraftling that was she so cleverly designed. I used her stitch notations, only taking away the color work, since that doesn't seem to work well with the Comfort, and instead choose to do some color variation work.

I used Berroco Comfort in Humus, Pearl, and Raspberry Coulis on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, make one, and k2tog. It is a combination Krafling's original design and Felicity by Wanett Clyde. I c/o co 88 sts w/Humus and knit 5 rows of stockinette. Changed to Pearl knit 7 rows of k,1p1 ribbing and then knit 1 row of stockinette. Change to Raspberry Coulis and knit stockinette until the hat measures 5.5” from bottom edge. The remainder of the hat (the increases and decreases) follow the Felicity pattern.

Comments

Popular Posts