Yowza is Right!

For those knitters who've made numerous shawls, finishing a rather simple one is not a grand accomplishment. However, for me this is not the case for me as I've only finished one other small shawl, a shawlette or scarf. Add in the fact I purchased the yarn four years ago. Substituting yarn for shawls is not an easy task when you're allergic to wool (and other animal yarns). I had help from Susan B. Anderson picking the Misty Alpaca Pima Silk Hand Paint, in 31 Ponciana. The pattern is her Yowza Weigh It Shawl (available on Ravelry) with a slight modification.

 

The ruffle was working with the yarn so I decided to skip it and simple do the picot bind-off instead. Instead of working the picot with backward loop as in the directions, I knit the first two stitches on (as in the video by Knit Purl Hunter). I also moved the stitches in small groups from the medal needles I had been using to knit the shawl onto wood needles, making it easier to control the stitches of the picot as well. If I thought about it, I should have done this for the ruffle and I probably would have liked it. But I've learned something new.


Comments

Popular Posts