Challenges met, hats mailed and I'm still knitting more

It's been a busy year of hat making. This year our Hats for Sailors group decided to do a "12 in 21" Challenge as a way to motivate members to produce more hats. Of course I took up the challenge, finishing in late April.

Since it was still early in the year I knew I'd keep going and started on what I was calling #challenge2.0. This was helped with our group's participation in the Ravellenics games and I finished up this challenge sometime in August.


In July it had been announced that this year we were going to try for the ultra challenging task of supplying a carrier! Yes, a carrier. That meant 6,000 plus hats. By the end of the year. So that meant I was on to challenge number three. #hfs2021carrierchallenge. I also finished this up in August (I was quite busy with hat making).


Hat making took a back seat to family matters in September and I concentrated on getting these hats tagged and ready to ship to CA. 


They make for an impressive collection when stacked together on the bench outside.


Or laid out by color on the floor.

I am trying to get a few more hats finished up to send one last envelope of squishy softness out before the deadline next month. I've made these four hats in the last couple of days. 


The pattern is Favorite Ribby, which is available on Revelry. Details on the yarn I used and modifications to the pattern can be found on my project page. It's a simple, easy pattern that is one of my favorites (no pun intended). lol






Comments

Popular Posts