Catching up

Wow, where did the time go? Honestly, I'm not very good at keeping up am I? I do really good for a few months and then life gets in the way and wham. Back to blogging silence. Oh well, I should just accept the fact I'll never be consistent. lol


        

For these three hats I used the same pattern, One Trick Pony by Claire Russell. It is a purchased pattern (through Ravelry) that offers lots of size and yarn options. The two hats on the left were made holding a worsted weight and light fingering weight together throughout the hat while the one with the green band had one aran weight yarn for the band and a fingering weight and DK weight held together for the remainder of the hat. The details for each hat are on my Ravelry project pages.

        

The hat on the left is also by the same designer as the hats above, this pattern is Favorite Ribby. As with the hats above, this pattern also offers options. I choose to hold three yarns together for this particular look. The second hat is a free pattern, the Bulky Waffle Hat by Linda Suda. It is available on Ravelry or via a simple web search through various yarn shops. I'm not linking the pdf as I have not asked permission to do so. The last hast is the Chunky Dean Street Hat by Nina Machlin Dayton. Also available for free on Ravelry. These last two were made in Cascade 128 Superwash in the same color, even if the photo doesn't look like it.

All of these hats are for my favorite charity Hats for Sailors, which you can also find on Ravelry and FB. We are working towards providing 6000+ hats for a super carrier this year. A super challenge this year, but we have had quite a lot of support from new friends and honestly, I think we might just pull it off. Yikes!!!

After this my arthritis flared up and it became difficult for me to knit. Which was sad because I really wanted to produce more hats this year. I just didn't feel like I had made enough. There is still time to get a few more made before the deadline so once I get a few other items finished off for other charities I support I'll be back at it. Every hat counts, so even if it is only a few it will help.


Comments

Popular Posts