January 2012 hat #1 - Frosty
















Happy New Year and happy snowy day. There is actually white flakes falling from the sky, of which we haven't very much of it yet this winter season. It's January and I thought I'd try something a bit different this month by creating a series of different hats on the same theme. So hopefully you like snowman, because there will be a couple more to come.

The pattern is by Susan B. Anderson, from her Itty-Bitty Hats book - Snowman. I used Berroco Comfort in Pearl, Liquorice,Wild Cherry and Pumpkin. I used 16" size 7 circular needles and 1 set of size 7 dpn. Stitches used are knit, purl, knit in the front & back of the same stitch, SSK, and K2tog. The hat's brim and the scarf are knit flat and then whipstitched onto the hat. The eyes and nose are knit as 3-D elements and also whipstitched on to make the face. Not that I've knit another snowman yet, but I'm certain this will be a top favorite, he's just so darn cute!

Comments

Popular Posts