January 2012 hat #3 - Flurry
















To finish out my January series of snowman hats I decided to depart from using either needles or hook. This rather funky take on a snowman is made from ordinary fleece and requires no sewing. If you can cut around a pattern and tie knots, you can make this hat. I added some buttons from my stash for the eyes and mouth. Really I couldn't have asked for an easier hat to make.

The pattern is Kwik Sew # 3173. I purchased a half yard of both the black and white fleece, made the medium size, and have plenty left for another hat. The nose is also a fleece scrap I happened to have from some previous hats my daughter had made. Although I created a snowman from the pattern, it is really adorable when made up using two different coordinating prints.



Comments

Popular Posts