April 2012 #1 - Seeing Double

(you'll notice slight differences if you look closely) 
This is not a joke, it is not two pictures of the same hat. Honest. Although they do look very much alike, and I didn't even try to make that happen. I simply finished the first hat, started the second and didn't even think about how the stripe pattern would work out. Actually if I had tried to make them similar I'd probably have failed miserably. LOL.
Yesterday I was invited to ride along with Halos of Hope founder, Pam Haschke, to Montoya Fiber Studio.  Montoya was hosting a kick-off event to highlight the Soothe for Spring Campaign and offered a free pattern with each yarn purchase. The shop will also donate 10% of the yarn proceeds back to Halos of Hope. Not only was this a fun way to spend my afternoon, but it was a great way to highlight the need for warm weather caps.

The pattern is Scallop Edged Cap. I used Universal Yarn's Cotton Supreme Batik in Blueberry Jam on a size 8 16" circular needle and a set of 8 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, k2tog, ssk, yarn over. You would have thought the mere mention of yarn overs would have me turning this pattern away (because we know how well I've done with them in the past), but this pattern was actually very easy to follow with the added bonus of only three rows containing the dreaded yarn overs. The skein is generous enough in length that I was able to knit both caps and have a nice bit of leftover.


Comments

Popular Posts