March 2012 #4 - Carousel Ruffles
















Imagine that, four hats in March. I finished this up yesterday, but it was already dark so I wasn't able to take a picture until this morning. The hat was supposed to have a flower holding up the front of the brim, but I decided I like the floppier look better. Not that it looks good on me, I think I'll never be able to make a hat that would actually look good on me.

The pattern is written for a hat to fit a 2/3 yr. old, notes from the designer to make an adult version can be found in the comments section of her blog post. You'll notice I obtained an adult version although I followed the pattern as written, I just changed from the suggested G hook to a J hook.

The pattern is available by Laughing Purple Goldfield Designs. I used I Love This Cotton in Carousel Ombre (hence the name) and Cotton Ease in Terracotta with a size J hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, double crochet and slip stitch. The pattern mentions a slip stitch at the end of round one with no direction of how to move to round 2. I choose to ch2 count the chains as the first dc of the round. I did this for each round thereafter.

Comments

Popular Posts