A Year in Review

Goodbye 2013...Hello 2014! I can't say I'm sorry to see the new year arrive as I always feel as though I've been given a clean slate, a fresh start, a "do over". Enough cliches, you get the idea. Last year held some personal challenges for me, both mentally and physically. As many other people, I have arthritis. For me, in my left hand. However the deterioration of bone had become so painful it began to effect my knitting and eventually resulted in surgery. Thus, I did not create as many hats this year, but I still do have some favorites and highlights from the year I'd like to revisit. I'll do a countdown of sorts.

The #5 favorite hat: McPurple
This hat has not been featured on the blog before but this super soft McTwist Hat in Kollage Lofty was sent to a friend of my niece's. Her friend was going through chemo and needed a little bit of pretty. Although I will admit when I read her thank you card I don't think she made the connection between my niece and I. Oh well.

I loved the stitch of this hat and would like to make it again although I'll probably use another yarn, only because my wool allergies drove me crazy.



















The #4 favorite hat: Yoda Hat, This Is
My March #1 Hat and part of a series of "star" hats for Halos of Hope's Camp Happy Times Campaign. It was by far my favorite for this year's theme. I mean, what kid wouldn't feel happy wearing a set of green ears? I mean really...















The #3 favorite hat: Flower Bucket
You might remember seeing this hat previously in 2012, but I like the pattern. A LOT. Not the cast on, that is incredibly slow, but the hat, yes. The hat, I love. And the flower I added, how cute is that? Plus its on a pin to make it easy to wash the hat. Love!















The #2 favorite hat: Slouch This!
Although not widely unique, this is an original design available as a free Ravelry download. Apparently people like it since there have been over 800 downloads. That's encouraging.















And my #1 favorite hat of 2013: Mixed-Up May
Also an original design and the first design I have for sale. A fun quick way to use up scrap yarn. I've had lots of positive feedback and wonderful comments about the design. Look for more of this style of hats from me in 2014.


Thats it. Not quite the two hats per month as per my plan but I did still manage to give away almost 50 hats in 2013, so I should be happy. But as long as that nasty six-letter word continues to touch lives, I'll continue to keep thinking I need to do more. I need to make more hats. Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Popular Posts