June 2014 #3 - Amazing Lava
















Looking for a quick and easy hat? This one certainly fits that description. I believe it took me only two, maybe three evenings (I don't remember), to finish this up. I like using a cotton for summer, but worry that the stiff worsted weight of this particular brand might be to hot unless there is a bit of airiness to the hat in some respect. I'm sure its just me, and I'm probably over thinking it, but that's what I do. LOL

The pattern, Amazing Grace Hat, is available as a free. I used Lily Sugar'n Cream in two colors, the solid is Hot Pink and the variegated is Lava Lamp with a H hook. Stitches used are chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet and slip stitch. The pattern calls for decreases in the single crochet bands (the Hot Pink section), but I decided that the hat was already a bit on the snug side (yes, I did not do a swatch before starting) and choose to omit those. There was also supposed to be a reverse sc stitch around on the last round that I also omitted. (I'm not real sure how to do that, LOL). As usual, when it comes to crochet, when in doubt, I just make up what I want. Hopefully the hat designer will understand it has nothing to do with the way they write their patterns, its all me.

Comments

Popular Posts