June 2014 #2 - Marshmallow Fluff
















My neighbor, dear sweet Emily, choose the colors of this hat. She requested a beanie style hat in an openwork fashion so that her head wouldn't get too hot. I browsed for several days looking for just the right pattern, but found nothing to match the image I had in my head. So instead I decided to just start knitting and see what happened. The ribbing was easy, as it always is. But I restarted the main part of the hat a couple of times because I wasn't happy with yarn over work stitch patterns I was trying. I finally came upon a stitch that I liked and it worked with the number of stitches I had. Bonus! Thankfully Emily and I have about the same sized head so I was able to try the hat on to determine when to start the simple decreases.

I used I Love This Cotton in Turquoise and White on a size 7 16" circular needle and a set of 7 dpns. Stitches used are knit, purl, and k2tog. The pattern is currently being test knit and will be available shortly.

Comments

Popular Posts