August hat #2 - Eyelet hat
















So, does this look like the black crocheted Fifth Avenue Hat? Your darn right it doesn't. That hat, the one I was working on for most of the month (because for one it is black and therefore hard to see the stitches at night, and for two it is all single crochet), was starting to look like the only one that would be able to wear the hat would be Barbie. So...I frogged the whole thing and looked for a nice quick hat I could whip up in the remaining few days I had left. Now instead of a Barbie hat, I have a hat that looks like an unrippened strawberry. I liked the green on the skein, not so sure I like it made into this hat. However, I know that there is someone out there with a love of all things green who will probably like the color and appreciate the softness.

The pattern is in Knitsimple magazine, Holiday 2008. I used a partial skein of I Love This Cotton in #258 Pistache. The hat is knit on a 16" size 8 circular needle and 1 set of size 8 dp. The pattern comes with three sizes and I choose to knit the large. Stitches used are knit, purl, yo, and K2tog. The pattern repeat was super simple and I did not need to refer often to the directions which makes it a good hat to make while watching TV.

Comments

Popular Posts