Baseball with a purpose

Last night I attended the Chicago White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field. Not only was it my first professional game in countless years, it was also my first experience at a Stitch N' Pitch.

1. I was surprised by how well I could see the game from our seats in the outfield (although I really didn't watch much of the game).
2. I was shocked (although I shouldn't have been) by the fact that a bottle of water was over four dollars.
3. It was incredibly hot.
4. I became obsessed with finishing my Shells and Trellis cap.

Yes, I did finish a cap at the game (this explains why I didn't pay attention to the baseball). I actually began the cap at home before we left, worked on it during the 2.5 hour car ride to the field and thought I'd finished it. Then decided it was a bit short and tried to add on another two rows. The eyelash was driving me crazy, it was shedding fuzz all over, and what should have been a quick and easy two rows turned into several innings of hunched over frustration. But...I finished (I think in the bottom of the eighth).

It was FUN. I'd do it again, only without the eyelash!

Comments

Popular Posts